Sunday, March 9, 2014

I CARE WHAT YOU THINK.


                                                                                    I care what every single one of you thinks of me.

the boy with the cheesy smile and the cocky personality.
                                            the girl with her nose in a book.
the boy with the slanted eyes.
                                               they girl with the bubbly personality.
                                                                                                          the boy with the skinny legs.
                                               the one I call my best friend.
                                                                             the one who gave birth to me.
                                                                             the one who helped^
the lady who is always at Walmart when I go.
                                                                        the boy with red hair that lives on my street.
                          the girl with the small voice and round face.
the kid who smokes pot.
                 the senior class president.
                                                                      the lady who writes my paycheck.
                                                                                            the teacher that gives me English credit.
the ones that never gave me a chance.

the ones I never gave a chance...

the ones that notice the ones that don't care.
                                                                                           I never stop worrying what they think of me.
                                        why am I not good enough?

I worry what you will all think of this post. if  I owe you any sort of explanation along these words and mixed up sentences as to why I wrote it.
or if you still wouldn't care.

                             I care what you think of my hair.
                                                                     the perfume I wear.
                      when my legs shine, the whitest white in the sun.
                                                                                                    my crooked fingers.
                      my imperfect body.


                                                               

              SINCE WHEN DID I START CARING WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK OF ME?
                                      when I realized I'm not the writer my mom always bragged about me being
                    when I realized people judge you on your weight.
                                                 when I realized I loved him more than he ever liked me.
                              when I realized irrational fears do come true.
                                                        when I realized how insecure I was.
                                             when I realized I don't always show who I really am.

                                                                                      they may see a smile but it isn't the truth.


                    -Dorothy Breeze




11 comments:

  1. I laughed at the one who helped^. I liked the genuineness(?) and the list of all the people. The predictable weaved in with the unpredictable. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "when I realized I loved him more than he ever liked me." You are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all so specific and also vague and I LOVE IT BECAUSE THIS IS MY BRAIN BUT YOU WROTE IT OUT and it is so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY HECK I AM SO GLAD YOU THOUGHT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

      Delete
    2. OH MY HECK I AM SO GLAD YOU THOUGHT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

      Delete
  4. "when I realized I loved him more than he ever liked me." Totally been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. " if I owe you any sort of explanation along these words and mixed up sentences as to why I wrote it." This was beautiful. I loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete