Sunday, March 16, 2014

a letter to all the things I wish I knew how to kill

Dear flaws and teenage angst,
you're like demons in my head. 
you're like chills down my spine. 
you're the growing pains in my legs and the swelling at my hips. 
SO HERES TO YOU. 

A LIST OF THE THINGS I WISH I COULD JUST KILL LIKE THE FLOWERS IN MY ROOM. 
death to being fake. 
death to the little things that upset me.
death to all the times I hurt someone intentionally or not. 
death to the feeling of failure after a mistake. they happen and life goes on. 
death to the petty fights and miscommunications. 
death to slacking off and waiting for a break. 
death to my seemingly repelling attitude.
death to high school expectations. 
death to sleepless nights and painful aches. 
death to the hard days that never seem to end. 
death to the heartaches. 
death to wasted tears and sweaty palms. 
death to the regrets. 

-Dorothy Breeze
 

3 comments:

  1. So many things I relate to. Love how real this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like there is real meaning behind this and in front of it. Greatly written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "death to wasted tears and sweaty palms."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete