Monday, February 24, 2014

MIDNIGHTS LATE REMINDERS

I wake up in a panic.
 
confused and my head hot.
 
I look at the clock hoping I can finally get out of bed and escape this awful
 
feeling.
 
to my dismay, I still have hours left in bed to dwell on my uncomfortable
 
and unforgiving thoughts.
 
I lie awake, exhausted, and my eyes heavy, but my thoughts racing.
 
the voices in my head seem to never stop screaming at me.
 
I think of how much change I want in my life.
 
I think of my regrets, and I can't help but feel the ache in the pit of my

stomach.

I can't help but think "what if I were different?"
 
realizing that this early in the morning, there isn't much I can change.
 
that what's done. is done.
 
that when I get out of bed in a few hours it'll all just be the same.
 
that I will continue to carry on with my life, the regrets still nagging me.
 
knowing I can't do much about them.
 
I hide behind my fear of the future.
 
I let my unsure thoughts steer me.
 
I act on impulse, only to worry about it when I get the time.
 
when I am alone, in the dark under my covers with the clock ticking, reminding
 
me that I don't actually know where I am going.
 
not knowing what I want.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fear of the future is a feeling that I have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "realizing that this early in the morning, there isn't much I can change." I feel ya. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete