Sunday, February 9, 2014

sunday nights are for procrastinators and for figuring out passions.

six months ago I was asked a question that at the time I wasn't all that confident in answering. you could definitely say it was something I hadn't given much thought to either. by the end of the conversation I was left feeling as though the person I once thought I was, I no longer wanted to be.

"WHAT ARE YOUR PASSIONS?"

you may be thinking, "that was the question that left you wondering who you were as a person??" yeah, it was. okay. when I was asked I sat silent in the company of a car filled with warm almost forgotten summer air and the fuzz of an old song playing on a winding canyon road. I had never considered my passions until this moment. but then I realized with judgmental eyes starring back at me, something as simple as a passion makes up a huge part of who you are as person. it can create a first impression, it can be a connecting bond between you and an unexpected person. without our passions we're merely just carbon copies of the kid that came before us.

that was six months ago. where am I know? same place I was then. is this bog post going to turn into something amazing, am I going to grace your simple lives with my absolutely wonderful passions??
nope. because your guesses are as good as mine.
I've spent these past six months trying to find me. trying to find what I am most passionate about. only to realize about 5 lines ago I am just as stuck as I was when the question was first asked.

I know I love writing, I know I love long drives that magically fix all my problems(for that one moment), I know I love the canyon, I know I love making new friends, I know I love blasting music while I lay on my bed, I know I love making collages, I know I love sparkles and I know I love pizza pringles, I know I love the way it looks out side during a rain storm, I know I love the feeling of holding hands for the first time, I know I love taking care of old people, I know I love my family, I know I love road trips, I know I love sushi, I know I love making lists(you've probably caught on to that by now). 

but what I don't know is if any of those can be actual passions. are those allowed to be my passions? are they worth even being called passions?

your guess is as good as mine.

-Dorothy Breeze   

2 comments: