Sunday, February 9, 2014

i miss being a kid.

I miss the days of wanting to stay up all night with the big kids because the dark was scary and who
 
 knew if I would see the big kids in the morning.
 
I miss the days of being able to sing off key and still be found cute.
 
I miss the days of not having to wear a bra or undershirt.
 
I miss the days when it was acceptable to not brush your hair.
 
I miss the days when boys had cooties and when I didn't want to catch them.
 
I miss the days of that's so raven and boy meets world.
 
I miss playing those Barbie dress up games online.
 
I miss when girls didn't hate each other.
 
I miss when hurt feelings could be fixed with a hug and a "I'm sorry" 
 
I miss the days when I wasn't constantly on my phone.
 
I miss the days of not having to worry about my weight.
 
I miss the days when I didn't have to wear make up.
 
I miss being able to do summer saults.
 
I miss when summers meant a vacation.
 
 I miss not having to save up money.
 
I miss Saturday morning cartoons.
 
I miss when Santa was real.

I miss when not knowing everything was okay. 
 
I miss short days and long nights.
 
I miss when speaking real words was overrated.

I miss small crushes.

I miss the lack of responsibility.

I miss being the baby of the family.

I miss when holidays were actually fun.

I miss when everyone was home.

I miss the easy homework of elementary school.
 
 I miss when kisses and I love yous were saved for those who really cared.

I miss pajama sets.
 
I miss my incense.
 
I miss my crayons. 

1 comment: