Sunday, May 11, 2014

his name was tom.

I remember when Wednesdays were for swimming and Saturdays were for cartoons and mowing the lawn and doing my laundry. i remember playing dress ups and making Caleb wear dresses and heals and how he started liking it. i remember how i always forgot my tooth brush when i went to grandmas house and how she always had one for me in her guest bathroom. i remember when i broke my arm and my mom just told me to take a nap. i remember my first cellphone, it was pink and it had preset ringtones and an antenna. i remember telling Brandon St. Clair i liked him and how he didn't like me but he never told me. i remember the first time i skipped school. i was hungry. i remember my first part in a school play and how i never wanted to do that again. i remember how when my grandma Normon calls its only for my mom. i remember the first time i swore. i was crying and it only made me cry harder but the second and third and one hundredth time it didn't bother me as much. i remember hating lotion because i thought it made me slimy. i remember how insidious was stupid but it still scared me and i watched the second one for a boy. i remember the first time i saw my mom cry and it was because her baby boy died 24 years ago. i remember the first and last time i kissed him and how both times i regretted it. i remember how i'll always love him but i wont always be in love with him. I remember her face as it sat still and her sister cried and told me how she remembered me. i remember my first stake dance, getting sweaty and her dad getting polled over. i remember losing the pink and white tank top and i was sad because my mom would never buy me a tank top again. i remember how we saved our lemonade in our closets and it got hot but we still drank it. i remember how jaw breakers were for smashing because they really taste like chalk and i remember memorizing the lyrics to girls night out by Miley Cyrus. i remember the day she was born and chewing on bubble gum cigars in the waiting room. i remember the first time a resident i cared
about died. i remember my first bloody nose and how my sister stayed up with me until it stopped. i remember December and how you were cool and she still liked me and no one was moving and senior year was only half over. i remember how things change and how i use to care and now i just don't.

1 comment:

  1. Some of these made me laugh, and some made me sad. But I really liked this post.

    ReplyDelete